To circulate on Slovenian motorways and highways, you need to purchase the appropriate stamp, or Vignette Slovenia. This is a special pre-paid mark, mandatory for all vehicles up to 3,5 tons of weight. This mark must also be purchased only for the crossing of a short Slovenian motorway section.
So, even if Slovenia should not be the destination of your hypothetical on-the-road route, Vignette Slovenia will still be bought only if it needs to cross the territory.
Compared to Austrian version and, above all, the Swiss one, it is cheaper.
Vignette Slovenia is available in four types, and costs vary depending on your vehicle.
- Annual (valid from the 1 December of the year preceding the 31 January of the following year). Costs 220,00 € for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height equal to or higher than 1.3 meters (2B class); € 110,00 for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height less than 1.3 meters (2A class); 55,00 € for two-wheeled vehicles (1 class).
- terminal (valid 6 months from the date of purchase). It costs 30,00 and is available, in this cut, ONLY FOR MOTHYCLES (1 Class).
- Monthly (valid from the day of purchase, and expires the same day of the following month). Costs 60,00 € for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height equal to or higher than 1.3 meters (2B class); € 30,00 for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height less than 1.3 meters (2A class); Not available for two-wheeled vehicles (1 class).
- Weekly (valid for seven consecutive days starting from the day of the drilling). Costs 30,00 € for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height equal to or higher than 1.3 meters (2B class); € 15,00 for vehicles up to 3,5 tons and height less than 1.3 meters (2A class); 7,50 € for two-wheeled vehicles (1 class)
The motorway badge consists of two adhesive parts. The first, MUST BE STORED AND GLUED TO THE WINDSCREEN; the second, the lower heel, must be carefully preserved. The photo above shows an example of the Austrian Vignette, similar to the Slovenian.
WHERE TO BUY
You can buy Vignette Slovenia in the following stores:
- At the motorway tollbooths and the Slovenian border crossings;
- service stations, bars, tobacconists, newsagents and petrol stations on the border with Slovenia;
- service stations and petrol stations on Austrian motorways.
IMPORTANT: the non-exposure of the mark is equivalent to the non-purchase of the same sticker. In case of control, you will be subject to a fine ranging from € 300,00 to € 800,00! Keep in mind that the controls are quite frequent throughout the network.
Always remember to expose the Slovenian Vignette on the windshield of your car, so that it is clearly visible. In two-wheeled vehicles, the stamp must be glued to a stable and non-replaceable part.
The stamp must be MANDATORY validated at the point of sale. In case you have purchased the semi-annual, monthly or weekly version, the drilling is mandatory; the latter will verify the day and date of purchase.