PERIOD: 17 September - 02 October 2016
PLACE: Munich, Germany
Oktoberfest: literally, October party. Raise your hand if you have not heard of it at least once in your life. Moreover, we speak of the largest fair in the world, held in Munich; so famous, to attract over seven million visitors each year! During the event, rivers of beer are consumed: over 8 million mugs!
The event takes place between the last two weeks of September and the first Sunday of October, in a time span ranging from 16 to 18 days, in an area called Theresienwiese. In the 42 hectares of the "Prato di Teresa", a mega moon park and stands are set up. All the Bierzelt, or the Beer Tents, can host up to a maximum of 10000 people; each has a central stage on which the musical groups that offer traditional songs perform.
Only the 2016 historic labels of Munich can be served at the Oktoberst 6: Paulaner, Spaten, Hofbräu, Hacker-Pschorr, Augustiner e Löwenbräu. Only these beers can be served at the tables.
The party begins with the ceremony of untapping the first barrel, broadcast live on television in Eurovision and with the traditional procession. It is up to the Mayor of Monaco to tap the first beer. When he pronounces the sentence O'Zapft is! (She's uncorked!) The party begins.
The 2016 Oktoberfest is not just beer. During the event we consume tons of sausages, chicken and Bavarian delicacies such as pork knuckle. In addition, you can attend concerts or have fun with the family at the Luna Park set up for the occasion. There are the Ferris Wheel, the Swing of the Witches, the Wheel of the Devil and much more; there's even the biggest mobile roller coaster in the world: theOlympia Looping! During the party, in fact, the bill includes two FAMILY DAY. These are special days where admission to the SPECIAL PRICE rides is allowed.
Oktoberfest has its roots in the distant 1810; since then, the party has evolved assuming global importance. In addition to Munich, Stuttgart also boasts its Oktoberfest. Here you are, the complete poster of the 2016 edition of Munich:
- SATURDAY 17 / 08 / 2016, 10 hours: 45 Parade of the Brewery owners
- SATURDAY 17 / 08 / 2016, 12 hours: 00 O'Zapft is! The Mayor of Munich broke his first beer, officially beginning at the Oktoberfest
- SUNDAY 18 / 08 / 2016, 10 hours: 00 Parade of Traditional Costumes. A great event that always takes place on the first Sunday of the festival. In about seven kilometers of parade, floats parade, characters in traditional costumes and folk costumes, bands of fanfares, players, flag-wavers ...
- TUESDAY 20 / 08 / 2016, hours 12: 00-18: 00 First Family Day. The traditional Family Day in which all rides and attractions will be offered at cheaper prices. All this to facilitate families.
- THURSDAY 22 / 08 / 2016, 10 hours: 00 Traditional Mass. Inside the Hippodrom tent, set up for the occasion, the traditional Christian Mass is held. All those interested can participate.
- SUNDAY 25 / 08 / 2016, 10 hours: 00 Concert of the "Orchestrine". Show that takes place every second Sunday of the Oktoberfest; about 400 Orchestrine musicians from all the tents take part in this open-air concert at the foot of the Statue of Bavaria.
- MARTEDI XNUMX/XNUMX/XNUMX, ore XNUMX:XNUMX-XNUMX:XNUMX According to Family Day. New appointment dedicated to the family with rides and attractions offered at a reduced price.
- THURSDAY 29 / 08 / 2016, 10 hours: 00 Meeting Giostrai. Traditional event in which all the jousters meet again. Appointment to the Hippodrom tent: songs, dances and lots of beer.
- SUNDAY 02 / 09 / 2016, 12 hours: 00 Traditional Greeting. For the last day, he symbolically greets the party by shooting three shots of the island at the foot of Bavaria.
HOW TO GET
Theresienwiese, the place where the event takes place, can be reached via the U4 and U5 lines of the Munich Underground. We go down to the homonymous stop.
For all practical info on Munich, how to get there, how to get around and what to see, you can consult the official guide of Kanoa from this link.
The Oktoberfest is an opportunity to discover an event of absolute appeal, but also a beautiful city. Furthermore, Munich is an excellent starting point for discovering the beautiful Bavaria