WHERE: Copenhagen, Denmark
PLACE: from the 23 August to the 01 September 2019
In August, Denmark, taste and good food are celebrated. Appointment from the 23 August, at the September 01, al 2019 Cooking And Food Festival of Copenhagen. Ten days of pleasure for all the senses in the beautiful Danish capital.
The Festival, by now, can be counted among the most interesting gastronomic events of the Scandinavian panorama. A Festival that combines pleasure and taste with aromas. The whole city is an authentic explosion of flavors, with hundreds of events and initiatives scattered throughout the city. There really is something for everyone.
The Cooking And Food Festival has overcome all the initial skepticism. It is no coincidence that, in recent years, has attracted around 100000 visitors in what is, for good reason, the Scandinavian culinary capital. Nor is it a coincidence that the city hosts one of the most renowned restaurants in Northern Europe, the Toma.
You will be spoiled for choice among gastronomic excellence of the Nordic tradition, and more elaborate dishes. You can choose between different types of restaurants and initiatives according to your tastes. From the intimate dinner with the chef to the mega party. Choose and ... taste
The Festival is the right occasion to discover a fantastic city, to be explored on foot, by bike or by boat, along its evocative and fascinating canals. Gastronomy lovers will find pleasing satisfactions to the Torvehallerne, splendid indoor market dedicated to food. In addition, competitions and competitions will not be missing during the Festival.
HOW TO GET
Kastrup International Airport connects the Danish capital with numerous European and world destinations. The plane is, without a doubt, the most convenient and quickest way to get to Denmark. The airport is located at 8 km from the city center, and is well connected by public transport. All info, companies and connections from Kastrup Airport, they are available on our official page.
Once you reach the center, you can move around in search of your favorite restaurant, party or event.
Photo, 2013 News Oresund
As usual, there will be many activities and events related to the 2019 Cooking And Food Festival, all over Copenhagen. Prices vary depending on the event. Here are some rather interesting:
- AT HOME WITH. Christian F. Puglisi, Nanna Pörtner, Rebecca Raven, and many other celebrities, will open the doors of their private homes. Here, you can experience a real gastronomic experience, sharing a meal with them and other friends.
- BEER ME UP. Every day, starting from around 18, you can have dinner with the "beermakers". You can try the dishes in which beer is the natural completion of food. Or, watch a real competition between three Brewmaster Masters.
- SOUNDS OF FOOD. Food inspired by music, between flavors, colors and sounds. Imagine what it would be like to taste the music and listen to the food !!
- CHILDREN. There will be many activities in which children will be protagonists. You can bring the whole family to a shared dinner a Frederiksberg Skolehave; or, send your child to a playful workshop in LêLê, joining the best chefs in the kitchen of the Michelin Kokkeriet restaurant or for a refined dining experience at the Alchemist.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES. Every day, in the city, there will be unique and unmissable events. Appetizers. Picnic. Crustacean based dinners. Workshop, and much more. There really is something for everyone.
Many restaurants have limited availability and therefore it may be quite difficult to get in.
WHERE TO SLEEP
Like the other Northern Capitals, finding economic structures is quite complicated. Hotel prices, especially in the center, are quite high. The advice is to stay in a structure, even distant from the center, near a public transport stop. The latter are notoriously excellent and reliable. In addition, you can have an active meter every day, 24 hours on 24!