DATA: 06 - 10 August 2019
PLACE: Oslo, Norway.
The best time to visit the Norwegian capital is, without a doubt, the summer. In August, you will have one more reason to do it, thanks to Oya, one of the most important music festivals in the country.
Thanks to a rich program that includes international names and emerging local artists, Oya festival has carved out an important role in the field of summer music events. A festival that also focuses on the environmental aspect. Since its inception, Natur og Ungdom, a Norwegian environmental organization, has collaborated on its organization; this, has made possible a drastic reduction of waste, and incredible percentages of recycling.
Attention to the environment, and to ecology, translates into positive terms also from the gastronomic point of view. Mostly organic products, coming from sustainable agriculture, are served. Raw materials, without artificial editors. This also applies to coffee and drinks like beer.
The answer, in terms of public, was not long in coming. Above all in the national context, today, Oya Festival can be considered one of the landmarks, musical and organizational, of Norway.
An event in which fun and sharing are the keywords.
Photo ©, Concert Photos
HOW TO GET
Oslo is a city on a human scale, efficient and perfectly organized. Also in the field of transport.
The international Gardermoen airport is well connected, with direct flights, with the main European and extra-European destinations. You can get to the city rather easily by public transport. All the info, through this link.
Location of Oya Festival 2019 is the wonderful green city of Toyenparken. The Park is perfectly accessible by public transport. With the metro (T-Bahne), just get off at the Toyen stop. Alternatively, you can use the 20 and 60 bus lines.
Wednesday 07, great waiting for the performance of the Cure, among the great protagonists of Oya Festival 2019. The following day, instead, space to Sigrid and Tame Impala. Friday 09, headliners will be Roby, a Scandinavian artist who is very popular in these parts.
The lineup includes, among others, Sigrid, Unge Ferrari, James Blake, Christine and the Queens, Blood Orange and many others.
The gates open Tuesday 06 August 2019, at 13: 00. The concerts end around the 23: 00. Entry is allowed within 22: 00 hours.
Il DAY PASS, allows you to attend a single day of the festival, at your choice. Costa 111.81 € per person and can not be changed.
Il PASS WEEKENDinstead, it offers full access to the Festival, from Tuesday 06 to Saturday 10 August. Provides free access to the 06 August Day Club, and offers discounts to Øya Night and Øya Cinema. Costa 316.36 € per person.
Children under the age of 12, enter free, accompanied by a paying adult.
WHERE TO SLEEP
Located at 2 minutes walk from the Trosterud metro station and at 5km from Toyenparken, the Radisson Blu Hotel Oslo Alna It offers air-conditioned rooms with TV and free WiFi.
All rooms at the Radisson Blu Hotel Oslo Alna include a desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Each has a private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer. Some rooms have a bathrobe and slippers. A fitness room is available.
Excellent value for money, excellent location and transport links.
3 nights in August, about 210 €. Info and reservations from here.
Always the Radisson chain, offers an excellent alternative to the previous proposal, or the Blu Hotel Nydalen. This hotel is located on the bank of the Aker River, right across from the Nydalen Metro Station and a 15-minute metro ride from central Oslo. It offers free WiFi and access to a gym.
Modern rooms at the Radisson Blu Nydalen include a minibar, a TV and an electronic safe. Some rooms have a seating area.
Prices are slightly higher than the previous one, with rooms starting from 90 € per night, in August.
Leave a comment
All about the city
Search hotels and more ...
The biggest concerts, shows and events from all over the world. The calendar of the most beautiful and renowned parties, and the most absurd and incredible.
- 16 - 27: Saint Germain des Pres Jazz Festival, France.
- 25 - 26: Vitiloire, France.
- 30: Procession of the Holy Blood, Belgium.
- 30 - 31: Earth Garden Festival, Malta.
- 30 - 31: Primavera Sound Barcelona, Spain.
- 31: Medieval Festival of Rhodes, Greece
- 31: Taste Of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 31: United Islands Of Prague, Czech Rep
- 01: Champions League Final, Spain.
- 01: Primavera Sound Barcelona, Spain.
- 01: United Islands Of Prague, Czech Rep
- 01 - 02: Earth Garden Festival, Malta.
- 01 - 02: Medieval Festival of Rhodes, Greece
- 01 - 03: Taste Of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 01 - 16: EuroPride Vienna, Austria.
- 06 - 08: Nos Primavera Sound, Portugal
- 07 - 09: Rock Am Ring, Germany.
- 07 - 09: Rock Im Park, Germany.
- 08 - 09: Parklife, England.
- 08 - 09: Ultra Singapore, Singapore
- 08 - 10: Pinkpop, Netherlands.
- 09 - 30: Sand Sculpture Festival, Portugal.
- 12 - 21: Kala Festival, Albania.
- 13: Pilgrimage in Fatima, Portugal.
- 13 - 16: Florence Rocks, Italy.
- 13 - 16: Isle Of Wight Festival, UK
- 13 - 16: Nova Rock Festival, Austria.
- 15 - 16: Medievales Provins, France.
- 17 - 21: Electric Castle Festival, Romania.
- 20 - 22: Tauron Nowa Muzyka, Poland.
- 21: Midsommar Stockholm, Sweden.
- 21 - 23: Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium.
- 23: El Colacho - Baby Jumping, Spain.
- 23: Feast of the Gigli di Nola, Italy.
- 23: San Juan of Tarragona, Spain
- 23 - 25: Feast of San Joan de Ciutadella, Spain
- 26 - 30: Glastonbury Festival, UK.
- 26 - 30: Southern Soul Festival, Montenegro.
- 26 - 30: Tollwood, Germany.
- 27 - 30: Folklore Festival Straznice, Czech Republic
- 27 - 30: Garorock, France.
- 28 - 30: Orgullo Madrid Pride, Spain
- 29 - 30: Roskilde Festival, Denmark.
- 01: Southern Soul Festival, Montenegro.
- 01 - 31: Sand Sculpture Festival, Portugal.
- 01 - 05: Hideout Festival, Croatia
- 01 - 06: Roskilde Festival, Denmark.
- 01 - 07: Orgullo Madrid Pride, Spain
- 01 - 21: Tollwood, Germany.
- 02: Palio of Siena, Italy.
- 03 - 07: We Pride Festival, Spain
- 05 - 07: Fira Poblenou, Spain.
- 06 - 14: Encierro de San Firmino, Spain.
- 09 - 14: Isle of MTV and Malta Music Week, Malta
- 10 - 31: Dubrovnik Summer Festival, Croatia.
- 11 - 14: Traena Festival, Norway.
- 12 - 14: Ultra Europe, Croatia.
- 12 - 14: Wayne Chicken Show, USA.
- 13: Pilgrimage in Fatima, Portugal.
- 16: Ultra Beach Hvar, Croatia.
- 18 - 31: Fete Des Vignerons, Switzerland.
- 19 - 21: Tomorrowland, Belgium.
- 19 - 20: Weekend Festival, Finland.
- 19 - 28: Mud Boryeong Festival, South Korea
- 20 - 21: Lollaparis, France.
- 21: Procession of Santa Maria de Ribarteme, Spain.
- 26 - 28: Tomorrowland, Belgium.
- 27 - 31: Amsterdam Gay Pride, Netherlands
- 01 - 31: Sand Sculpture Festival, Portugal.
- 01 - 04: Amsterdam Gay Pride, Netherlands
- 01 - 04: A Summer's Tale, Germany.
- 02 - 04: Berliner Bierfestival, Germany
- 02 - 24: Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Scotland
- 01 - 11: Fete Des Vignerons, Switzerland.
- 01 - 25: Dubrovnik Summer Festival, Croatia.
- 03: New Year / Nochevieja Berchules, Spain
- 06 - 10: Oya Festival, Oslo.
- 07 - 13: Sziget Festival, Hungary
- 08 - 11: Ypsigrock, Italy
- 09 - 11: London Craft Beer Festival, London
- 10 - 12: Puck Fair, Ireland
- 14: Faradda, Italy.
- 14: Torta dei Fieschi, Italy.
- 14- 15: Mysteries of Elche, Spain.
- 15 - 18: Flower Festival, Denmark.
- 15 - 24: Feria de Malaga, Spain.
- 16: Palio of Siena, Italy.
- 22 - 25: Saint Pauli Winzerfest, Germany
- 23 - 31: Cooking And Food Festival, Denmark
- 23: Festival of Pirates of Paros, Greece.
- 23 - 24: Festa Major of Sitges, Spain
- 23 - 24: Medieval Festival of Horsens, Denmark
- 23 - 25: Mysteryland, Netherlands.
- 23 - 26: Ducasse of Ath, Belgium.
- 24 - 26: Notthing Hill Carnival, England
- 28: La Tomatina, Spain.
- 28 - 31: Dimensions Festival, Croatia.
- 29 - 31: Mainzer Weinmarkt, Germany
- 01: Dimensions Festival, Croatia.
- 01: Mainzer Weinmarkt, Germany
- 01 - 30: Sand Sculpture Festival, Portugal.
- 05 - 08: Chianti Classic Expo, Italy
- 05 - 08: Mainzer Weinmarkt, Germany
- 06 -08: Belgian Beer Weekend, Belgium
- 06 - 08: Reichsstadt Festtage, Germany
- 07 - 08: Lollapalooza Berlin, Germany
- 07 - 15: Thessaloniki International Fair, Greece
- 11 - 15: Folsom Europe Berlin, Germany.
- 14 - 24: Santa Tecla of Tarragona, Spain.
- 18 - 21: Reeperbahn Festival, Germany.
- 21 - 30: Oktoberfest, Germany.
- 27 - 29: Galway Oyster Festival, Ireland.