COOKING AND FOOD FESTIVAL
DATA: from the 24 August to the 02 September 2018
PLACE: Copenhagen, Denmark
In August, Denmark, taste and good food are celebrated. Appointment from the 24 August, at the September 02, al 2018 Cooking And Food Festival of Copenhagen. Ten days of pleasure for all the senses in the beautiful Danish capital.
The Festival, by now, can be counted among the most interesting gastronomic events of the Scandinavian panorama. A Festival that combines pleasure and taste with aromas. The whole city is an authentic explosion of flavors, with hundreds of events and initiatives scattered throughout the city. There really is something for everyone.
The Cooking And Food Festival has overcome all the initial skepticism. It is no coincidence that, in recent years, has attracted around 100000 visitors in what is, for good reason, the Scandinavian culinary capital. Nor is it a coincidence that the city hosts one of the most renowned restaurants in Northern Europe, the Toma.
You will be spoiled for choice among gastronomic excellence of the Nordic tradition, and more elaborate dishes. You can choose between different types of restaurants and initiatives according to your tastes. From the intimate dinner with the chef to the mega party. Choose and ... taste
The Festival is the perfect opportunity to discover a fantastic city, to be explored on foot, by bike or by boat, along its suggestive and fascinating canals. Gastronomy enthusiasts will find satisfaction with Torvehallerne, a wonderful indoor market dedicated to food. Moreover, during the Festival, there will also be competitions and competitions.
HOW TO GET
Kastrup International Airport connects the Danish capital with numerous European and world destinations. The plane is, without a doubt, the most convenient and quickest way to get to Denmark. The airport is located at 8 km from the city center, and is well connected by public transport. All info, companies and connections from Kastrup Airport, they are available on our official page.
Once you reach the center, you can move around in search of your favorite restaurant, party or event.
Photo, 2013 News Oresund
As usual, there will be many activities and events related to the 2018 Cooking And Food Festival, all over Copenhagen. Prices vary depending on the event. Here are some rather interesting:
- VEGGIE FESTIVAL. Appointment in the Amager area for all lovers of vegetarian and vegan cuisine, with specially dedicated menus. Admission free, you pay per drink. Every day, from 12 to midnight.
- COCKTAILS & CAKES. Every day, from 13 to 17, you can try some fantastic cocktails paired with typical Danish desserts. Appointment in the city center, at Sky. Petri, in Krystalgade 22. Entry to 150Kr.
- SPIRIKUM FESTIVAL. Lovers of brandy and snaps, a typical Danish drink, can not miss this fantastic experience at Israels plads, in the heart of Copenhagen. Only on 01 September Day, from 11 to 23: 30. Price from 150kr to 350kr depending on the time. You can take home a celebratory glass.
- CHILDREN. There will be many activities in which the children will be protagonists. On 25 day, from 13 to 15, there will be a fantastic workshop in Bakkehuset, with free admission. The days 01 and 02 September, Islands Brygge will host the incredible competition for the little ones, Alla Food Fest.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES. Every day, in the city, there will be unique and unmissable events. Appetizers. Picnic. Crustacean based dinners. Workshop, and much more. There really is something for everyone.
Many restaurants have limited availability and therefore it may be quite difficult to get in.
WHERE TO SLEEP
Like the other Northern Capitals, finding economic structures is quite complicated. Hotel prices, especially in the center, are quite high. The advice is to stay in a structure, even distant from the center, near a public transport stop. The latter are notoriously excellent and reliable. In addition, you can have an active meter every day, 24 hours on 24!