Flying with children with Vueling
Have you planned a plane trip with your children with Vueling? In this section, you will find lots of practical information and answers to the most common questions.
Please note that the rules may vary depending on the airline used. Those shown below, only valid for Vueling flights only. The carrier defines NEONATI all the children with an age between 7 days and 2 years not completed. From 2 to 15 years, they are considered CHILDREN.
Flight is not allowed for babies who have less than 7 DAYS OF LIFE.
TICKETS AND CHECK-IN
Infants up to 2 not completed, always travel in the arms of a parent or their carer. A child seat can also be occupied by the infant. In this case, you will have to buy the ticket (only through CUSTOMER SERVICE) for the newborn, and bring a special approved seat. From the 2 years completed, they will have to buy a ticket and occupy their own seat.
An adult passenger can travel with two newborns, provided one of them has at least 18 months completed. In this case, the latter must buy a seat, and sit on a special seat approved for weight and age.
You can not check in online if you are traveling with a newborn. In this case, you must check-in at the airport, so that you can have a place that suits your needs. The curling planes, in fact, have specific places for adults with children in their arms; these are stations equipped with 2 oxygen masks. Children with a seat, it is preferable to occupy the seats near the window
Those traveling with children with Vueling can always check in online. The rules are those dictated by the company. More info on transport conditions and to travel with children with Vueling, they are available here.
For security reasons, you will have to go by yourself, through the metal detector. If the child can not walk and travel alone, the airport staff will hold it in their arms to allow you to pass first by yourself, and later with your child. Hand luggage and accessories such as strollers, all have to go under the scanner.
At all the main airports, there are special acceptance desks dedicated to families with children. Arriving a couple of hours in advance, you will be directed to the gates and you will be offered all the information to better face the flight.
Infants up to 2 years traveling on their parents' arms CAN NOT take any baggage. All children over the age of 2 can carry the same amount of luggage as an adult. The baggage must have a dimension of 55 x 45 x 20 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg (14kg with Excellence rate). In this case, except in exceptional cases, transport on board will always be guaranteed.
OBJECTS BAGGAGE HAND LIST
Inside the carry-on baggage, do not forget to bring the following items for your little ones:
- Documents (card or passport, boarding pass, health card, visas, insurance policy).
- First Aid Kit (Thermometer, patches, essential drugs).
- Hygiene (diapers, wet wipes, handkerchiefs, cocoa butter, towel, cream).
- Food, possibly at the ideal temperature, stored in a thermos. Do not forget the snack for your little ones.
- Toys, tablets, videogames, spare clothes.
The best way to counteract the effects of pressure changes is to use pacifiers or baby bottles during the flight.
All newborns and children can carry FREE of the following items up to 2:
- baby cot.
- Approved raised seat, for children up to 3 years of age.
Airports allow strollers to enter the boarding areas. In this way, it will be more comfortable to bring the baby or newborn with you. Once you reach the door of the plane, the staff will mark it and embark FREE in the hold
TRANSPORTABLE AND SECURITY ITEMS
The following foods and baby milk may be carried in the carry-on baggage:
- Soya milk; milk powder; breast milk or cow's milk specific for children; baby food. Homogenised and pureed, brought in containers not necessarily sealed and with a volume even greater than 100 ml. It is possible that, for reasons of safety, it is possible for the controls to be requested from the adult who carries it, to taste it.
- Sterilized water, for a maximum of one liter, inside a baby bottle. Also in this case, it could be requested to the adult, to the controls, to taste it.
- Daily medications (paracetamol, Calpol, creams against diaper rash), liquids, creams and ointments in containers of maximum 100 ml, closed in a transparent bag.