Getting around in Nice
In the center, you can easily move on foot. Public means etaxis, on the other hand, are an excellent solution for getting around Nice and reaching suburbs and surrounding areas.
With 175 rental stations in Nice, Cagnes sur Mer and St Laurent du Var, and an offer of over 1700 bikes, Velobleu it's a great way to get around Nice. Whether you are regular or occasional users.
Velobleu is an eco-friendly solution for getting around the city.
You will have to register using a card and your ID, and choose the duration of the rental. Here are the prices:
- 24h: 1.50 €.
- 7 days: 5.00 €.
- 1 month: 10.00 €.
At this flat rate, you will need to add the cost of bike rental. The first 30 minutes are free. Up to a later hour, you pay € 1 and then € 2 per hour.
Getting around in Nice by taxi could be quite expensive. Prices are in line with the Côte d'Azur and a simple move could cost you around the € 20.
From the airport to the center, the base rate of 35 € is applied, to which are added any surcharges based on the time slot, baggage and more.
BUS AND TRAM
Lignes d'Azur offers efficient connections in the city and in the surrounding areas. They are ideal for moving around in Nice and in the nearby towns, at all hours of the day.
The two tram lines, 1 and 2, cross the city center and, thanks to the lowered platform, are accessible by people with reduced mobility.
The project includes the extension of the 2 Line to Nice International Airport.
Buses are also particularly efficient, with higher frequencies than the tram. Urban lines connect the center and the periphery in a capillary way. With extra-urban lines, however, you can easily reach other destinations on the French Riviera.
The daytime running lines are generally in operation from early morning to around 21.
NOCTRAMBUS night service, open every day from Monday to Sunday, including holidays. 5 night buses (from N1 to N5) are in operation, and the 1 line of the tram, with which to move in Nice, and surroundings, during the night.
Night buses, all with a terminus at Promenade Des Arts, run from 21: 10 to 01: 10 at night. The 1 tram operates from 21: 00 to 01: 35.
To get around Nice by public transport, there are different types of tickets.
- TICKET AZUR. Valid exclusively for a single trip on an urban route is a connection on departmental lines. Costa 1.50 € per person.
- MULTI 10 VOYAGES. Pass that, at the cost of 10.00 €, allows you to make 10 trips on all urban lines, except for special lines. Each trip also allows multiple connections, except for leaf and return journeys, for a maximum duration of 74 'from the first validation. It can also be used by several people at the same time: always remember to validate the ticket for the number of people who use it.
- PASS 1 JOUR. It allows unlimited movements on the entire Ligne D'Azur urban network, except for special lines. Valid 24h from validation and costs 5.00 € per person.
- PASS 7 JOUR. Same characteristics of the daily ticket, with validity of 7 days starting from the first validation. Costa 15.00 € per person.
- AÉRO. Valid exclusively on the 98 and 99 lines from / to Nice Airport. It is worth 74 minutes from the first validation, for a journey on the means of the urban line.
Tickets can be purchased at the automatic machines and the exhibitors that display the Company's trademark.
The pass from 1 Giorno and the Aéro ticket are the only ones that can also be purchased on board the vehicle.